While Robert Smith is a music icon, his hairstyle usually isn’t what the ladies are aiming for, but is usually what they get. Either that, or the hair winds up looking much to neat and negating the whole purpose of the updo. These simple instructions are sure to have any lady looking her best.
What Is Needed For The Style
This look works best with medium length hair, but can also be achieved with longer hair. Though the steps are a bit different. Almost every woman will have the necessary supplies in her bathroom. So, the look should be cheap or free to accomplish.
- Round bristly curling brush
- Lots of bobby pins and/or tiny hair claws
- Hair ties (only for longer hair)
How To Achieve The Sassy Boho Look
- Section off a good two inches of hair in the front of the head and pin up for later use. Don’t worry about parting it evenly or making the sides match, the beauty of the Boho look isn’t precision.
- Now, take the top middle section of hair, gather it and twist it near the top of the back of the head and secure with a bobby pin at the twist. Make sure that you are pinning from underneath the hair and not from the top as pinning from the top will flatten out the hair while pinning from underneath will create a fan effect. *For longer hair, securing in a loose ponytail and then twisting will help to create a similar effect.
- From this point, take small sections and continue to twist and pin from underneath. The hair can all be fanned at a central point or the twists can be secured all over the head for more of an all over tousled look. Just make sure to pin under and up, then down instead of over and down or across the top of the hair.
- The front or “bang” section can be worn in a few different ways. It can be left down and tucked behind the ear for a simple finish. Or the front middle section can be gathered at the top of the head and pinned or clipped in place creating a layered effect. Parts of the front can be pinned up. Or for a super funky look, take your brush and push the hair down from the underside to give it some body and then pin it up. Have fun with this section.
- Finish the look off with hairspray to keep it in place. Workable hairspray works a little better, but any spray will do.
This is a fast and funky do that will have even the hardcore Boho ladies envious of the up-do. It should take between 5 and 15 minutes to complete depending on the length of the hair.